Sunday 14 October 2012

The Monk


With my youngest brother now involved in the game, that means we get 300 times the experience towards levels when playing together on a character under level 80. So we both started some monks, and also both chose the pandaren race.
 The adventure begins on the Wondering isle which is the starting area for the pandaren race and a content of Pandaria. It is a large sea turtle named Shen-zin Su  that is roaming the great sea. The zone had about 90 quests that went by rather quick, since the time on the island was enjoyable from the wonderfully detailed landscape. There was also a lot of movement from area to area that helped keep your attention on the game. Nearing the end of our journey on the wondering isle, one of the final quest we need to finish before we choose which faction we will be joining, is to remove an alliance air ship that has crashed into Shen-zin Su. The alliance ship that crashed was threatening the giant turtles life which in turn threatened everyone’s life on it. It also contained some horde prisoners that were the first non pandaren quest givers for the pandaren starting zone, following some quests from the alliance. One of the final quests was to remove the air ship by blowing it up, and then heal Shen-zin Su injury.

 My brother and I choose to follow the alliance faction, as the majority of my character are alliance and all of them on my main server are. We managed to get to level 60 in about 10 hours of game play with help of the experience boost, mostly running dungeons after completing the starting zone. My brother had decided to stick with the dps class of the monk, but I have been jumping all over. I started as tank, with off spec dps, and now have just switched to healer keeping my off spec as dps. I have yet to actually heal anyone, but the healing mechanics seem to have no similarity to any of the other healing class, so its going to be an interesting learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment